Sunday, May 16, 2021

Week 09


This is an attempt at trying to make a sensor to measure distance. As the balls / floatable objects need a pole to keep them in place i thought the best way to measure distance would be to use magnets and measure the magnetic strength. With a regular proximity sensor I am afraid the pole would interfere with the data.


However turns out the magnet has to be super close before the sensor picks it up. Not sure how to fix this. I've tried with different / more magnets to see if it made any difference, but it's more or less the same.




Why I like the squares.

I like the squares cause I feel like it is a low poly representation of the water. Water / waves is very rich with details, so the squares is a low poly, low fidelity representation of it. It may be unoriginal / boring, but this is why I prefer the boxes. On the other hand, I think using spandex fabric would be way more time efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment